Friday, November 19, 2010

Holiday Design on a Dime

It's that time of the year to start thinking of decorating our homes for the holidays!! If you have stepped foot in Hobby Lobby, Michaels or any other crafty type place since well, probably late August you have seen all types of sparkling ornaments, elaborate ribbons, wreaths and florals. This can be totally overwhelming when trying to put together a "Martha Stewart" or "Nate Berkus" (my fave) look!! haha I often see women standing in the aisles with a deer in the headlights look on their face thinking "where do I start and how do I keep from breaking the bank"!! I have been one of those women so ....here are a few easy ideas that might help!


Almost everyone has old or extra photo frames around the house. Spray paint the frames red, then purchase some ornaments with a flat back such as cute snow flakes for a whimsical look or beautiful gold crosses for a more elegant look and attach to a corner of the frame. Even a pretty bow placed in the corner on some and center of others is a nice look. After adorning the frames pull out current or vintage photos of Christmas past and fill the frames. This is a low cost project that makes a major impact especially in odd number groupings. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Jordin- I Love That! said...

Great idea!! I think I am going to need some help this year!!

Anonymous said...

great frame idea!! ;p

Courtni Gresham said...

oops, that was from me :)