Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fresh and Forever




Are you fearful of trying something new? Wow, I really am and about a year ago I put myself to the ultimate test on doing something new and different. As I said, about one year ago I received a phone call from a very nice lady who was frantically trying to find a floral arranger to do 20+ floral arrangement for her husbands medical office...... I proceeded to tell her that I was a silk/dried natural artist and have never really worked with fresh stems. She was so complimentary and insisted that I try to do the job. One catch, she needed them two days later to make the office look nice for a television interview with Inside Edition. I thought about it for about 5 seconds, took and deep breath and said.....yessss! The very minute I hung up the phone I proceeded to have a panic attack! Where would I buy the stems, keep them cool after arranging them and most importantly how will I work with flowers that don't have a wire in the stem? The answer to those questions are Central Market, my garage and lots of prayer!! Since then I have stayed with "faux" flowers, but never the less, I enjoyed the challenge and the opportunity.

0 comments: