Friday, November 19, 2010

Another DIY Idea

Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am a candle freak. At all times I have at least two drawers full of yummy candles. Now, that being said, it is also a conflict of interest for me as I am a Scentsy rep. (more on that later) Not only do I love the smell of candles I also love beautiful looking candles to decorate with on cool candle sticks. A couple of years ago I started decorating pillar candles with upholstery tacks and nail heads. It's a simple process, just choose a design whether that be simply outlining the top rim or around the bottom edge or get fancy and form a cross or harlequin design. One tip I have discovered is using a softer wax candle as opposed to the very shiny hard wax candles that are often found in 3-packs at Hobby Lobby. The firmer the wax the more prone to cracking when applying the nails. Who knows, maybe I will decorate one this weekend and post a pic. Have a great Saturday!!

1 comments:

Courtni Gresham said...

Post pics, woman!! :)